From Our Files
1946: Neebel’s Ice Cream Store opens in Hartley
June 10, 2021
• May 30, 1946
The board of directors of the Hartley Chamber of Commerce named Ingwer Hansen, the former secretary of that group, to again fill the position. The secretary’s post had been ably filled by W.R. Wagner. Lon MacDowell was appointed to fill the unexpired term of Ted Henning on the board.
Neebel’s Ice Cream Store just west of Burns Implement Co. was open for business. Mr. Neebel’s building was nicely decorated inside and stools were provided for customers. They were serving several ice cream treats in addition to their famous bulk ice cream which was always a favorite.