By Nick Pedley
News Editor 

Hartley home significantly damaged in fire

Fire chief offers winter fire safety tips

 

January 25, 2024



A Hartley family is picking up the pieces after a fire significantly damaged their home early Sunday morning.

Hartley Fire Chief Brad Meedering said the department was called to Mike and Christina Larson’s residence on Highway 18 at around 2:20 a.m. Upon arrival, responders could see flames around the chimney and east area of the residence.

Firefighters engaged in an exterior attack and then moved inside. Several walls were damaged in the fight, and the home sustained significant water and smoke damage.

Meendering suspected the fire started in the chimney due to a possible build up of cre...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Sentinel Lg
Press Lg

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/19/2024 18:21