From Our Files
1948: New lunchroom opens at Hartley school
September 28, 2023
• Sept. 30, 1948
The new lunch room at the Hartley Public School was able to seat from 125 to 150 people. The building was brought to the school grounds in sections and was assembled by the farm shop students. It had a modern kitchen with electric stoves and dishwasher, and a modern workable double sink.
Excavation prior to the pouring of the foundation was started on the new home of The Goetsch Co. The new structure was being erected on Highway 18, just east of the Burns Chevrolet Co. The building followed the style of the many McCormick-Deering agency buildings being erected throughout...