By Mike Petersen
Sports Editor & Staff Writer 

From Our Files

1948: Cornerstone laid at new Lutheran church

 

August 3, 2023



• Aug. 5, 1948

At an impressive ceremony before a large crowd, the official cornerstone laying of the new St. Paul’s Lutheran Church on Central Avenue was held. Construction had begun on May 5, and walls were approximately eight feet high at the time of the ceremony.

Clarence Busche, local superintendent for Peoples Natural Gas, was awarded a pin and certificate for 10 years of service with the company. Over 80 employees from the Midwest were honored.

Carl Rahn, local foods store owner, purchased the Coon Grocery Store at Lake Park. Lyle Storey, of Mankato, Minn., was managing that stor...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Sentinel Lg
Press Lg

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 04/11/2024 22:26