By Nick Pedley
News Editor 

Everly council approves employee insurance package

City to cover 70 percent of family plan premiums


May 18, 2023

The Everly City Council's third meeting about an employee health benefit package yielded a final decision on Monday.

The council unanimously approved a plan that would have the city covering 70 percent of family health insurance premiums while full-time employees would be required to cover the remaining 30 percent. As approved last month, the city will also cover 100 percent of individual health insurance packages for full-time employees.

"Today in order to be competitive in the job market, I think we have to pay some sort of health insurance," said Mayor Ron Thompson.

Council members went bac...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Sentinel Lg
Press Lg

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024