The Hartley Sentinel-The Everly/Royal News - Serving O'Brien & Clay Counties

By Mike Petersen
Sports Editor & Staff Writer 

From Our Files

 

February 17, 2022



• Feb. 6, 1947

Billy, the 4-year-old son of Mr. and Mrs. Duane Linder, received some painful burns when a water heater in the yard exploded. Duane had just lighted the heater and Billy was standing near when it exploded. The left side of his face was burned and his hair and brows were singed, but the eye was not injured. He quickly recovered from the injuries.

Former Hartley resident, Mrs. William Lemke, was featured in the daily Sioux City papers for her work with the Sunshine League in that city. She was a founder and president of the organization which helped shut-ins, crippled and age...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021