From Our Files
1996: May City Mosquitoes take 3rd place in tourney
July 29, 2021
• Aug. 1, 1946
Ground was broken just south of the Hartley municipal light plant for construction of a new storage building by the Hartley Creamery. The new structure of cement block and laminated beam construction would be used to house creamery trucks and for storage of egg crates, butter cartons and other materials. The creamery management hoped to have the building completed before cold weather set in.
Leonard Jurgens purchased and took possession of the north Cities Service station, which had been operated for many years by Lem Rickabaugh.
Hartley residents were enthusiastic in adver...