Letters: American Rescue Plan is not a blue state bailout
March 25, 2021
To the editor:
I found the editorial by Sen. Joni Ernst in the March 11 edition interesting but misleading. The American Rescue Plan supports the following:
1. Extended unemployment payments for those who lost their job because of the pandemic.
2. Increased food aid addressing help for those needing food assistance.
3. School and childcare block grants to be used for improved ventilation, purchase of protective equipment and steps to help schools reopen safely.
4. Speed up distribution and administration of COVID-19 vaccine and testing across the country.
5. Rental assistance and eviction...